Model of Pedagogy
The model of Pedagogy is applied in Religion as it is throughout all learning areas.
- Focus - during planning we focus on where the students are in their learning journey. This includes; checking for understanding, using the BI tool to track learning progress, past experiences. The Line of Sight Documents and focus areas in the Religious Education program are then used to help plan for meaningful learning experiences that will move children forward in their understanding.
- Establish – clear learning intentions and success criteria are established to direct learning and empower students.
- Activate – various learning and teaching activities to allow students multiple opportunities to succeed.
- Respond – feedback is provided during the learning and teaching sequence to ensure students are progressing in their understanding
- Evaluate – formative and summative assessment, feedback and evaluations take place to gauge the effectiveness of the teaching and learning. Teachers reflect on the learning experiences and alter plans as required.